One My Way

I have convinced my family that a spring break trip to LA would be a perfect get away from the Utah winters (Oh and did I mention that there is a SAORI studio there).

I have a 2 day studio visit with Laura Roveda in her studio, SAORI Studio LA. I am hoping to have the loom sent prior to my visit so I can start to weave, and then while in LA learn warping of the ready-made warps and how to create my own warps. 

I ordered my loom from Laura and tracked its trip from Sherman Oaks to Logan via FedEX

It Arrived!
All Set up and ready to weave.

My weaving companion taking a closer look.

This is so much fun to weave on!
Laura was great to work with me on getting it shipped and ready to weave on. It was shipped mostly assembled with only a few things for me to put on or set up before I could start weaving. That is one of the great things about the SAORI loom, it is so user friendly. In less then an hour, I was ready to weave. I gathered my inspiration basket and set out with a spring theme in mind. I was really sad to see the end of the warp come over the back beam but now I am ready to head to SAORI LA to learn all about warping from Laura. 

Comments

Popular Posts